Trimborn Farm is a historic site located within a Milwaukee County Park on West Grange Avenue. The history of the site began when Werner Trimborn emigrated from Prussia in 1847; four years later, he bought ten acres of land and a quarry in what is now the Village of Greendale. His business grew into one of the major lime producers in southeastern Wisconsin at the end of the 19th century, when lime was critical to the growth and development of southeastern Wisconsin. In 1981, Milwaukee County purchased the land for use as a park and the Park People, a volunteer group, began restoration work and education programs. In 2004, the Milwaukee County Historical Society assumed responsibility for the site and continues holding and expanding education programs and restoration efforts. Trimborn Farm is the only Milwaukee County Park with a historic theme. Admissions to the park grounds are free, while group tours cost 5 dollars per person. Check the main site for details or call to schedule a tour.
- Fax: 414-529-4325
- Hours: Grounds: daily, daylight hours. Buildings and guided tours: daily, by appointment
- Handicap Accessible: There is a compact gravel drive, level surfaces into buildings, accessible restrooms; please note, the farmhouse is not accessible.
- Ticket information: http://www.milwaukeehistory.net/historic-sites-2/trimborn-farm/
- Parking: Free lot
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English