A Longhorn Steakhouse will be built on 76th Street, at the old Leath Furniture location, after receiving final approval from the Greendale Village Board.
The restaurant will be next to the future Panda Express. This location will seat over 200 people. A representative from the restaurant chain said the new location will employ 75 to 90 full- and part-time positions.
Longhorn Steakhouse is a 30-year-old chain of restaurants that serve steaks, chicken and fish in an "atmosphere reminiscent of a Western rancher's home." Greendale Patch is asking village officials for a projected open date for Longhorn Steakhouse.
Once open, hours will be 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Other 76th Street news
- Chick-fil-A on 76th Street will be reviewed by the Planning Commission.
- The ongoing $52 million renovation of Southridge Mall will be completed in November 2012.
- The new Macy's opened in March.
- Boston Store completed its $8.5 million renovation last month.
- Wal-Mart has started its construction and is due to open early January.
- DSW plans to go into the old Borders building.