It’s hard not to notice all the construction going on outside of . If you’re a mall-goer you probably also noticed the construction inside the mall.
In December the approved a $16 million dollar TIF district to help the $52 million mall renovation. Since then about , , and district.
What’s going on now with the mall renovations:
- Southeast and southwest mall entrances are in the process of receiving a complete transformation including new landscaping, doors and walkways.
- The handrail demolition has begun and new glass railings will be installed in the next several weeks.
- The restrooms on the south end of the mall are receiving a complete transformation including new flooring, fixtures and lighting and will be open by Thanksgiving.
- The bridges on the south end of the mall are being removed to create a brighter and more open atmosphere.
- The new floor tile is being installed at mall entrances and corridors.
The addition of Macy’s is slated to be completed by the Spring of 2012 and the complete mall renovation is slated to be completed by late Summer 2012. The mall will continue to stay open during the renovation process. Boston Store also plans on finishing their renovations sometime in Spring of 2012.
A couple of weeks ago I took a walk with new Southridge manager Mary Mokwa. She said a lot of new exiciting things are coming to the mall, including new stores. She couldn't be specify which stores because leases have not been signed yet.
There has also been talk of , but only talk.