Which community is better, Greendale or Greenfield?
They are right next to each other and both have the word green in their names. While both communities share some similar characteristics, they are very different.
I guess the answer to the question depends on who you are asking.
Ah, lets face it, Greendale is better! Here’s why:
- People flock to Greendale for the destination school system, which has been ranked numerous times.
- Greendale does well in home sales because people want to live here.
- Greendale High School produced celebrities like Malcolm in the Middle’s Jane Kaczmerek.
- When writing Greendale there are no nasty "i before e" rules to remember.
- Meet me in Downtown Greendale has meaning. Meet me in downtown Greenfield only lends confusion because Greenfield has no downtown...and they call themselves a city.
- Greendale is a planned historic community. Greenfield is where Milwaukee decided to quit.
- When Greendale has passion about an issue it comes together. Greenfield is too scattered to do anything. You can't even tell if you're in Greenfield or Milwaukee sometimes.
- Greenfield wishes they had Southridge Mall.
To make things interesting this week Greenfield Patch and Greendale Patch are going to Facebook battle it.
Greenfield Patch editor David Cotey and I will keep track of every new “like” on both Facebook Pages (don’t go unliking us and re-liking us just to try to win) from now through noon next Tuesday. The community with the most new likes during that seven-day stretch can beam with pride and say they beat their neighbor. In addition, from those new “likes,” we’ll randomly select one winner to receive a $25 gift card to a restaurant of their choosing in their respective city.
So, all you have to do is go to Greendale Patch’s Facebook page, click “like,” and then tell your friends to do the same. Did I mention we are already winning? Greendale Patch has 142 likes and Greenfield is behind with 136 likes. That says a lot considering that Greenfield is double in population.
Come on Greendale, we can do this!
In the words of Patch columnist Mike "Dusty" Vickery “Greendale: Making Greenfield look bad since 1938.”
To read some trash-talking that Cotey is doing go to http://patch.com/A-gHGN.