.

DJ Playing Music Added to Step Up for Better Health Walk

The Village Board approved the addition of a DJ playing music to the Step Up to Better Health Community Walk in June.

Music will greet participants in next month's Step Up to Better Health Community Walk. 

Organizers of the walk asked permission to have a DJ at the June 16 event. The Board of Trustees approved that request on Tuesday, with the condition that the music be contained within the property lines as much as possible. The board approved the walk itself last month.

The  puts on the annual event. Proceeds from registration fees will go to Step Up for Better Health initiatives and the American Brain Tumor Association. This is the 14th year for the walk. 

The walk starts at the , and there are three route options available: one, two or three miles. All routes take walkers on sidewalks and paths and will not require any street closures. Crossing guards will be provided at street crossings.

Registration begins at 9 a.m. June 16 and the walk begins at 8:30 a.m. Those interested in participating can also register through the walk's website, at the or at the Greendale Health Department until June 1.

Step Up for Health Initiatives will receive 25 percent of the proceeds; the remaining 75 percent will go to the American Brain Tumor Association.

Last year Patch wrote a series of feature stories about people who had brain cancer or were affected by it. Click here for the full series.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »