We’re not going to talk about the blazing heat we experienced this summer – but, we hope you’ve still felt the burn. There’s nothing quite like the feeling you get after a good workout. Whether it’s in a Pilates studio on the mat or practicing Yoga yourself at home, we know it gets hard to keep up with your fitness routine – whatever it may be.
These days, it’s hard to find time. And so to help you maximize your time while thinking about a good workout, I've put together a few simple fitness-oriented daily chores that can add almost 30 minutes of do-good activity to your day. After all, according to the Surgeon General, to improve our overall conditioning, we only need about 30 minutes of moderately intense physical activity each day.
Consider these tips:
- Take the stairs, skip the elevator.
- Park at the far end of a parking lot and walk.
- Skip driving and ride a bike.
- Get up from your desk during the day to walk around.
- Fight the urge to snack with a walk around the block.
- Do some yard work.
- Carry your groceries, or – carry someone else’s groceries.
Our everyday fitness is important. What do YOU do every day that makes your everyday better?