Police Blotter: ‘Tis the Season for Retail Theft
Retail theft, drugs, a dog at-large and a loud argument are calls that police handled last week.
The Greendale Police Department call log for Dec. 14 to Dec. 21 includes numerous calls about retail theft, drugs, a dog at-large and a loud argument.
Drug arrest: Two women were arrested and cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia Dec. 14 at 11:20 p.m. near 84th Street on the Root River Parkway. One of the women, a 17-year-old from Greenfield, was also cited for being underage and possessing intoxicants.
Dog bite: A man in the 4700 block of Sycamore called police Dec. 16 at 1:49 p.m. and reported that he was bitten by dog running at-large. The man declined medical attention. The dog’s owner was cited for having a dog at-large and given instructions about quarantining the dog.
Fighting neighbors: Two people called police about a noise complaint after a woman was reported to be outside and yelling and swearing at her boyfriend in the 6900 block of Currant Lane Dec. 17 at 6:38 p.m. The couple ran inside when police came and refused to answer the door. The woman will be cited, according to the call log.
Noise complaint: a 19-year-old Milwaukee man was cited on a noise complaint after a call to police Dec. 17 at 10:34 p.m. about a suspicious car parked at the intersection of Root River and Rochelle drives for at least 5 minutes playing loud music.
Employee theft: A 25-year-old South Milwaukee woman was cited for employee theft Dec. 14, at Peters Food and Deli after $30 was found to be missing from a cash register.
Fraud: A 29-year-old woman arrested for attempted theft by fraud for fraudulent use of a credit card Dec. 20 at 12:59 p.m. at Southridge Mall.
- At Boston Store: a 34-year-old Grafton woman was arrested on Dec. 14; a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman on Dec. 19.
- Buckle: a 40-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested Dec. 15; and a 20-year-old Milwaukee man on Dec. 16.
- At Macy’s, a Milwaukee woman was arrested Dec. 15.
- At JC Penney’s, a 38-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested Dec. 18.
- At Claire’s, one girl was arrested Dec. 19.
- At Kohl’s Department Store, the following retail theft arrests were made: a 23-year-old woman on Dec. 14; a 24-year-old woman for retail theft over $200 on Dec. 15; a 30-year-old woman on Dec. 16; two girls on Dec. 19; a man and a woman on Dec. 19.
- Two people were cited, a 59-year-old woman and a 41-year-old man, for retail theft at Walgreen’s Dec. 14.
In all incidents where an arrest occurred, a charge is merely an accusation and not evidence of guilt. The arrested person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law.