Parent Conference on Bullying, Other Youth Topics
The Parents as Partners conference will focus on a number of issues that include positive school environment, technology boot camp, impact of social networking and much more.
The Greendale School District, in conjunction with Partners for Community Action, will hold free workshops for parents to learn and discuss on topics related to raising today’s youth.
This same conference, Parents as Partners, has been held in the past. Parents will be able to discuss a number of topics that include school environmentand technology bootcamp. One of the discussions this time around will be on bullying and harassment after a recent bomb threat incident at Greendale High School.
Patch partners Fox6News reported that in a release issued to parents Greendale High School Principal Steven Lodes said, “In the wake of recent events…it is clear we reached the point where remaining quietly focused on education is causing speculation and rumor to fill the voice left by the silence.”
The conference will take place at Greendale Middle School at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 17.
Principal Lodes said of this meeting, “There will be sessions that allow the opportunity to engage around the topic of student experience in our school to students and their learning.”
Parents may choose three of the following workshops to attend:
- Elements of a Positive School Environment
- Parenting for School Success
- Technology Boot Camp and Get Connected for Parents
- Understanding the Gifted and Talented Program
- What All Parents Need to Know to Help Their Kids Achieve Their Full Potential
- Parenting with Love and Logic
- Understanding the Impact of Social Networking at the Middle School Level
- I’m Worried About My Child
- Getting Your Young Reader into “Just Right Books"
- Understanding the New Standards in Education
- Understanding What it Means to be College and Career Ready