The Greendale Planning Commission gave the go ahead to a Longhorn Steakhouse proposal.
The Board of Trustees will review the proposal for the Longhorn Steakhouse that will be built at the old Leath Furniture building on 76th Street next to the future Panda Express.
The commission approved the proposal with some conditions on Wednesday night.
Longhorn Steakhouse is a 30 year old chain of restaurants that serve steaks, chicken and fish in an "atmosphere reminiscent of a Western rancher's home."
The board will likely review the proposal on Sept. 18.
This is part of the redevelopment of the 76th Street corridor:
- The ongoing $52 million renovation of Southridge Mall will be completed in November 2012.
- The new Macy's opened in March.
- Boston Store completed its $8.5 million renovation last month.
- Wal-Mart has started its construction and is due to open early January.
- DSW plans to go into the old Borders building.