With winter's appearance comes a reminder of the village's snow removal policies. You can read the village's rules and snow removal tips here. A few important reminders include:
- Streets are plowed based on priority starting with main streets, arterial streets, and the police and fire departments. Then secondary streets, residential streets, and subdivisions are plowed. Parking lots, park areas and public areas are last.
- The village can't prevent the ends of driveways from being plowed in. Officials recommend waiting until after a storm has passed before plowing the last 7 feet of their driveways.
- The village may issue a snow emergency to help plow streets. During emergencies cars have to be parked off of streets. Cars left on the streets during a snow emergency can be towed at the owner's expense or plowed in.
- Property owners are expected to clear sidewalks within 12 hours of the end of a snow storm.
- Residents are asked to shovel out fire hydrants to assist fire protection.